Saturday, September 14, 2013

Research


LEARNING TARGETS:
»  I can research reference images, current designs, inspirational images, blueprints, historical context, scientific findings, or anything  that can aide me in my design.
»  I can identify and acknowledge a range of appropriate sources of information
»  I can format my bibliography using these tools (citationmachine.net , ebiblio.com., easybib.com)
EXPECTATIONS:
»  RESEARCH: Research your topic, reference images, current designs, inspirational images, blueprints, historical context, scientific findings, or anything  that can aide me in my design.
»  BIBLIOGRAPHY: Maintain a bibliography and document all used resources in all stages
»  BIBLIOGRAPHY: Format your bibliography using these tools (citationmachine.net , ebiblio.com., easybib.com)

»  DESIGN FOLDER: Give this post entries labels of Investigate & Research


Collect / research reference images, current designs, inspirational, blueprints etc. Basically find as many references as you need, which is at least 20+.  I call this phase, the “Virtual Cork Board” and have found that the best way to do this is to create a Pinterest page with all your resources.  This is not only a dynamic collection of resources, but it also retains the source information for later documentation.  (Assign a label of ‘Research’)